Searching for and borrowing materials at the Westerly Public Library has never been easier! The Westerly Library belongs to the statewide Ocean State Libraries (OSL) network so you can borrow from any OSL member library in the state of Rhode Island. Through our website you can search our catalog, request items and renew materials, and even pay your fines - but first you need a library card.
An OSL library card is free of charge to Rhode Island residents and residents of Stonington, CT. Nonresidents who own property in Rhode Island are also eligible for a free card. Valid ID and proof of address are required to obtain a library card. There is an annual fee of $125.00 for nonresidents who wish to have borrowing privileges or $25.00 for a local use card.
Children under 12 can sign up for a library card in the Children's Room.
As a way to encourage the prompt return of library materials so that others may enjoy them, the Westerly Public Library charges the following overdue fines:
- Adult books, magazines, CDs and audiobooks are 10¢ per day.
- Children’s books, magazines, CDs and audiobooks are 10¢ per day
- All DVDs, videos, and Playaways are $1.00 per day.
- Most materials circulate for 3 weeks and can be renewed once as long as they have not been requested by other patrons.
- Movies circulate for 1 week and can be renewed once as long as they have not been requested by other patrons.
- Express Collection items circulate for 1 week and cannot be placed on hold.
Renewing Materials - Please have your library card handy when renewing materials.
Renew in person
- Bring the item(s) and your library card to the Circulation Desk and we will renew them for you.
Renew by phone
- Call the Circulation Desk at 401-596-2877 x2, during library business hours.
- Use the toll free automated Telephone Renewal Service, available 24 hours a day at 1-800-359-3090.
- Click on the link for Library Catalog.
- Select View Your Patron Record
- Enter the barcode number from the back of your library card (no spaces)
- Choose Checked Out
- Select the items you want to renew
- Click on Renew
- When finished click Logout in the upper right hand corner
For help renewing materials, click here.
For help finding materials, click here.
For more information contact the Circulation Department at 401-596-2877 x2.