We are currently hiring for:
The Memorial and Library Association of Westerly seeks an enthusiastic, energetic, and experienced fundraising professional for a new, full-time Development Manager position. The Memorial and Library Association, established in 1892, oversees Westerly Library and Wilcox Park and directly serves the communities of Westerly RI and Stonington, CT. The Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, nature, and the arts.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities of all development programs including major gifts programs, donor relations, fundraising events, and other fund development activities. The Development Manager must have both strategic vision and hand-on experience in executing fundraising activities. This position takes the lead in donor recruitment, cultivation, retention, stewardship, and appreciation as well as related training. They are also responsible for the coordination of communications, including marketing, public relations, and social media related to development and fundraising efforts.
Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of successful fund-raising, including demonstrated effectiveness in prospect identification, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors for major gifts along with experience in communications, marketing and advertising
- Knowledge of major gift development practices and principles
- Successful track record in managing and closing major gifts with individuals, corporations and foundations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands and to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience with Raisers’ Edge or similar software.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15, 2017.
For a full job description please click here.