Head of Public Services
The Memorial and Library Association of Westerly seeks an innovative, engaged, energetic, and customer-oriented professional for our new Head of Public Services position at this busy, progressive organization. The Memorial and Library Association, established in 1892, oversees Westerly Library and Wilcox Park and directly serves the communities of Westerly, RI and Stonington, CT. The Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, technology, nature, and the arts.
The Head of Public Services works with the Executive Director and Assistant Director to provide extraordinary service to the communities of Westerly, RI and Stonington, CT. The Head of Public Services is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and support of all circulation and public technology service functions. This position manages complex customer service issues and anticipates the needs and wants of its patrons. This department leads the patron experience through exceptional service and quality public relations.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited program or other appropriate degree
- At least three years of library experience including the supervision of at least three employees
- Public Library experience preferred
- Public service experience preferred
- Keeps current with library trends and issues in Library service and technology
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and functions of library systems
no later than July 2, 2020. Qualified applicants will be contacted through email. Westerly Library and Wilcox Park strives for a respectful and inclusive workplaces with equal employment opportunity for all and is EEOC compliant. Background check required.