After a hiatus, we're back with rad book club. Come talk about what you want to read. Rather than reading the same book, we will read along a theme, as well as think about watching rad films based on books.
“I can't change where I come from or what I've been through, so why should I be ashamed of what makes me, me?”
Teens are always welcome to come to discuss previous month's reads! Previous reads include:
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
- Radius of Us by Marie Marquadt
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- Brazen: Rebel Ladies Who Rocked the World by Penelope Bagieu
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline.
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
What does the word "radical" mean to you? Today, we use it to mean something is "cool," or "far out," but it literally means "of or pertaining to the root, having roots." Come discuss this and other unconventional ideas in the Teen Space. Every month we will read a new book or books focused on a chosen topic. We will challenge each other's thinking and engage in thoughtful debate, grounded in monthly readings of fiction and non-fiction. Readings will be chosen by YOU, the teens, every month and correspond to worldly topics or problems in society. With some thoughtful discussion and a little imagination, maybe we can build a better future.