Similar to a book club, each month we will chose three movies to watch at home for discussion the following month.
Members will borrow the films through the library system to watch on DVD at home, or of course, you could watch them on Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. The meeting is fun and informal.
Watching between October 2nd and November 6th:
- Strangers on a Train (1951)
- Rebecca (1940)
- Lifeboat (1944)
Choices to watch next:
On November 6th we will choose 3 of the following movies about alcoholism to watch next:
- Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
- The Lost Weekend (1945)
- I'll Cry Tomorrow (1955)
- A Star Is Born (1954 starring Judy Garland)
- Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
- Crazy Heart (2009)
- 28 Days (2000)
- When a Man Loves a Woman (1994)
- Tender Mercies (1983)
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)
- Arthur (1981)
- Come Back Little Sheba (1952)
- A Tree Grown In Brooklyn (1945)
Wednesday, November 6th, at 2:00 pm in the Reference Room.
The program is free and open to everyone!
For more information, contact the Reference Desk: (401) 596-2877 (option 3).